"The Rescued Puppy" (by Holly Webb) - a mini-review

 




General info


year - 2011

publisher  - Little Tiger

language - English 

written by - Holly Webb 

illustations by - Sophy Williams

suitable for ages - 6+

REVIEWER'S NOTE 


story - 8/10

characters - 8/10

illustations - 10/10

OVERALL - 9/10




Before we start ...


Hello, everyone!
Hello, kids!


A book review? On this blog?! That's rare! But here we are. Here's a review of a book I got for Christmas when I was a tween - The Rescued Puppy by Holly Webb, with the illustrations by Sophy Williams. I hope you enjoy it. 
So, without further ado, let's jump right in!


Final thoughts 




If you've read my 6 incredible books for girls of  all ages post from early 2024, where I mentioned Alfie All Alone, chances are, you know I love Holly Webb's books. And this is what we're gonna review today, a Holly Webb book titled The Rescued Puppy.

Twins Adam and Georgina, who seemingly can't get along, get a new Cocker Spaniel puppy and name him Lucky. One day, the family decided to take the new pooch for a holiday to the seaside. While things appear innocent at first, Lucky suddenly goes missing... 


The Rescued Puppy offers a cute and heartfelt story for animal lovers - a family searching for a lost puppy while on holidays! However, going beyond the cute factor, the author herself also sneaks in some real-life knowledge for the young readers, making the book not only entertaining, but also engaging. The simple vocabulary and clear prose make it easy for kids and parents alike to follow. Holly Webb shows us, once again, that she's able of crafting a memorable slice-of-life story with an animal protagonist at the centre. Did I mention there's some action thrown on here, too?

The characters might not be as complex as in some other books, but given that this publication is aimed at younger readers, it works well for the story. Adam and Georgina have a delightful dynamic going on and their connection with their new pup, Lucky, is the emotional core of the story. Our main character himself is adorable and mischievious, making him feel like a believable young dog. 

Lastly, the illustrations are beautiful. Sophy Williams made certain children would enjoy them, creating pretty, realistic pictures to accompany the text. The cover itself looks incredibly cute, too!

Overall, I highly recommend this book to children and parents who love animal stories and summer atmosphere. But obviously, I encourage you to read the book yourself and form your own thoughts on it. ;-) 



Before we say 'goodbye'...


Thanks for checking out my latest post. It's always fun to try something a bit different. See you all soon!

Love,
your Diva 🐾







Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

"The Lion and the Mouse" (1976) - a mini-review

"Thomas and Friends" - "Saved From Scrap" (episode review)

TUGS (TV series) - mini-review